Our clients save money, time, and aggravation by having us prepare their Federal and state tax returns. Our qualified, experienced tax preparation staff works with a broad range of client tax situations: ranging from very simple to complex tax issues.

We offer a wealth of senior level tax expertise, as well as the speed, efficiency and accuracy of our state-of-the-art tax software, ensuring that each page of your tax return is accurate and complete.

Q. Do I need to have my Form 1095-A from the Marketplace before I file?

A. Yes. If you are expecting to receive a Form 1095-A, you should wait to file your 2015 income tax return until you receive that form. Form 1095-A provides information  you will need to complete Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, and reconcile advance payments of the premium tax credit or – if you are eligible – to claim the premium tax credit on your tax return.

If you have questions about the information on Form 1095-A, or about receiving Form 1095-A, you should contact your Marketplace directly. The IRS will not be able to answers  questions about the information on your Form 1095-A or about missing or lost forms.

Q. What happens if I don’t reconcile my advance payments of the premium tax credit when I file my return?

A. Filing your return without reconciling your advance payments will delay your refund and may affect future advance credit payments. The IRS will send you a letter with instructions about what you need to do to resolve this issue, which may include submitting Forms 1095-A and 8962, so we can process your return.

Q. Must I wait to file until I receive health care tax forms (Forms 1095-B/C)?

A. It is not necessary to wait for Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, or Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage, in order to file. For more information, see the Health Care Tax Tips for 1095-B and 1095-C.

Q. Does everyone need to have health insurance coverage?

A. The Affordable Care Act requires you and each member of your family to have basic health coverage (called minimum essential coverage), qualify for an exemption from the requirement to have coverage, or make an individual shared responsibility payment when you file your federal income tax return. If you are not required to file a tax return and don’t want to file a return, you do not need to file a return solely to report your coverage or to claim an exemption.